Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Last day of classes

I must say today was a rather emotional day, the last day of my physics undergraduate lectures! *sniff, sniff*. I was overcome with both joy and sadness. On another note, I just found out today that what I thought was the expression "for all intensive purposes", is actually "for all intents and purposes". Am I the only one who has been saying this wrong my entire life? Somehow I think so...this is when that whole. "Oh, English is not my first language..." excuse comes in handy.
Anyhow, back to the subject of the last day of my classes, oh, and even more exciting I handed in my last assignment! God, you cannot imaging (unless of course you have done it) what it is like to hand in one assignment per class, per week for four years, every term, Assignment 1, Assignment 2, Assignment 3, etc, etc. I can't believe it's over! I'm ecstatic.
I even saw some people sitting on the hill today, what I refer to as "the hill" is this patch of lawn that everyone sits on, on campus, toward the end of the year when the weather starts to get nice. When you see people on it it gives you the feeling like there is still hope, that sometime in the near future you might get a taste of the freedom and joys that summer has to offer. Except it really isn't that nice out, there was actually still snow on the hill. I wont be sitting on it yet, I reserve that moment for when exams are over and one can sit on the ground without fear of getting up and finding a nice big pile of mud of you behind.

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

I understand the joy of the last assignment. And luck you for getting to go to Barcelona this summer! I'm going to start keeping up with your blog... yay! another way to procrastinate!