Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Art

I was having a beer once at this pub downtown and I noticed with amazing (at least to my liking) painting on the wall, so I decided to inquire about it when the waitress came around. I asked her if it was for sale and she said no, but then to my surprise she said that she was the artist and she gave me her business card. She has a permanent exhibition at an art gallery somewhere in downtown Montreal, and there was also a URL to her website on the card:

http://www.sharonramsay.com

I've told many friends about her work since I liked it so much but never got to show any pictures, so here is my favorite piece of hers:



For those of you who are form Montreal, that is lower Crescent St. She paints mostly 'cityscapes' and they're all of similar style, somewhat gloomy, rainy, foggy streets, I just love it. She really knows how to put the 'feeling' of the city on canvas.

1 comment:

Ivansky said...

Many a times (ok. once or twice) I have been amazed by this paining.

I attributed it to impressionability due to THC or raspberry beer but now I see that there is really something there.

It is all about light... the reflections off the wet surfaces.. the ghastly scene of a slow Autumn evening.... the Americans are not around... the city is ours again.

Good stuff.